I have worked with Online Medical since the beginning of 2015. I have helped develop their Drupal 7 distribution, their template starting point for all their new client websites, and I've also developed multiple client websites for them.
They had heard of my experience with grassroots campaigns and told me about an idea for the Australian Institute of Medical Education, AIME. A website that would allow GP,s Nurses and Medical Students view medical procedure presentations, discuss these and other topics and acquire CDP points.
Much like 5th Gear's website, this website required different user roles with different information attached to them. This is a challenge for most CMS solutions, but I utilised Drupal's Profiel2 module to collect different information for each user type.
I also wanted to streamline the registration process, so the user can tap into their great, interactive content as soon as possible, and this has been done in two ways:
- The user submits only the required information during sign up, and is prompted to complete more information after they're registered, and only if they wish to
- I utilised Social Sign on, which fills out their profile using information already contained in their Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter account. Then the user is immediately prompted to complete any outstanding fields, like their RAGCP number (if they're a registered GP).
There are many user-friendly features in this project, including:
- Social sharing
- Articles and presentations that can be restricted to one or more user roles
- Commenting directly on articles and presentations
- A forum for wider discussion, with some forum areas restricted to specific user roles
- A public profile page for viewing other members' information
- A private profile view where the user can see presentations and content that is relevant to them
- Automatic calculation of CDP points based on users watching different presentations
I look forward to Online Medical promoting this website with the medical industry and seeing how their members interact with the excellent content they have available for them.
Check out aime.org.au
I'm a web design, graphic designer, video and motion graphics editor, social media strategist and terrible golfer.